My name is Robert Osswald, experienced PHP developer from Serbia. I was born in 1976 in small town Ruma where I finished high school. I live and work in Belgrade. My hobbies and interests include technology, photography, military vehicle models, board games, travelling, metal music etc.
I work from Belgrade, Serbia. I'm available for telecommuting and outsourcing, and through years worked with clients from all over the world, including USA, Germany, Switzerland, Denmark, France, UK.
Serbian/Serbo-Croatian (native speaker); English (fluent); Russian (basic).
My base rate is $25/hour, and I'm happy to negotiate it in case of long-term or full-time projects/employment.
Development of several web shops for German clients via partner company Nexus Netsoft, based on Oxid e-sales package or on Symfony 2 framework. (http://melitta.de is one of the Oxid solutions I’ve worked on).
Working on an in-house startup project follwr.com - a betting tips social network.
Old Country DOO (Profit Concepts International)
Contracting (full-time) for Nordstrom, Inc. owned Hautelook.com and Solesociety.com private sales web-outlets.
Neotech Software DOO
Development of Famibook social-networking portal, and some internal projects Occasional helping-out the Java team about their actual projects
Creation and modification of many smaller web sites, online catalogs and webshops, and a simple CMS. Debugging of existing projects (some of them in Joomla). Coordination with designer(s) and webmaster(s).
In a 2-member team worked on 2 client and one server part of Bellevue BarMan project. It was an enterprise system for complete control of workflow for restaurants, hotels, storages and kitchen/production, including touch-screen terminals and order control, complete accounting, generation of all official documents, inquiries, accounts etc.
Led the team of 4, for "Global office" web app.
Smaller freelance projects
- OO characteristics of PHP5;
- Communicating with different database engines: MySQL, PostgreSQL;
- Database abstraction and persistence libraries: native PDO, Doctrine, Zend_DB, Eloquent;
- Smarty and Twig templating engines;
- PHP frameworks: Zend 1, Zend 2, Laravel 4, Symfony 2;
- Interacting with external APIs using CURL+XML, RESTful or SOAP;
- Modification and plugin coding for several CMS (Oxid, Joomla, Drupal and some less known);
- Source control: CVS, SVN, git.;
- HTML5, XHTML 1.0;
- CSS 1.x, 2.x, 3;
- PSD to HTML+CSS conversion;
- JQuery UI, Bootstrap;
- Responsive design concepts;
- J2EE - EJB 3.0
- Toplink ORM
- Glassfish app-server
- Connecting to PostgreSQL and MySQL databases
- older versions (6 through 9)
- BDE, connecting to MySQL db via 3rd party components
- Several smaller desktop helper applications related to larger (web) projects
- http://www.follwr.com - betting tips + social network-type site portal (Startup); Zend framework.
- http://www.hautelook.com - web store of Nordstrom, Inc. owned Hautelook private sales outlet from Los Angeles. Zend framework + custom libraries, also serving iOS and Android apps via RESTful services. Modern, design-pattern-based OO code.
- Mostly smaller basic company websites, some of them with product catalogues and articles sections. Done in my own simple framework/CMS
- http://www.kobrabane.com, http://www.homeopata.rs, http://www.menjacnica-panter.co.rs, http://www.livnica-metalurg.com, http://www.jugohulahop.co.rs
- http://www.SMSmate.com.au (design changed now) - bulk/group SMS gateway with and email/addressbook/PayPal integration, logs, templates, etc. PHP5, AJAX, CURL + XML
- earlier/defunct projects
- (1999-2000) Collegesabroad.com – student exchange agency website, static HTML+CSS. My first paid project.
- (2001) Mp3yu.com - mp3 download site for ex-Yugoslavian area. ASP engine with CSS-HTML templates.
- (2002) 7ms (Seven Marketing System) - MLM back-end with provision calculation. Initially done in ASP, later converted to PHP. Several smaller Delphi apps for the same system. I’ve learnt PHP while working on this project.
- (2002) http://www.Hydrostone.co.yu - construction material company’s site, static, with PHP dynamic gallery.
- (2004-2005) Global Office project for Visiongate AG. Application consisted of interoperable components: webmail, addressbook, organizer, calendar, SMS-gateway, online storage + file manager, bookmark manager. PHP4 and MySQL, APIs.
- (2007) http://www.boxer-review.com – portal for German Boxer dog breeders with structured dog pedigree database. PHP5 + ADODB + ActiveRecord + Smarty.
- (2008-2009) http://www.famibook.com, http://www.thewomencity.com/ , http://www.thecocoonclub.com/ - location-based social networking sites sharing the common code. PHP5, internal Activerecord implementation, AJAX with Prototype, APIs.
- (2009-2010) http://www.putokazdoposla.rs - CV-search portal for employers, Drupal with significant database/user section customization.
- (2007-2010) http://www.galijatravel.com, http://www.senza-paura.com (shopping cart), http://www.perictc.com, http://www.medilink.rs, http://www.skoladobrevolje.com, http://www.poslasticarnica-biljana.co.rs, http://www.volga.rs, http://www.pari-paris.info, http://www.beodusek.rs, http://www.savezslepih.org, http://www.petardrugi.edu.rs, http://bones.co.rs (old site), http://www.floramira.com, http://www.domucenika.com (old site), http://www.servisnaoprema.rs, http://www.launch.rs, http://www.royalgarden.rs, http://www.magistrala.rs
- (2011-2014) http://tour.interaction-design.org - around-the-world bike tour web site with social-media ties; Automatically importing geotagged photos/videos and blog posts via APIs and showing them on a map along the route imported from GPS device, importing comments from Twitter, FB, G+, LinkedIn via APIs.
- http://www.solesociety.com (old site) - web store, originated at Hautelook before being spun off to a separate company. (now changed platform to Magento/new code)
- email: email@example.com
- skype: r.osswald